Kent Blaxill is one of the largest and oldest independent builders’ merchants and suppliers in East Anglia. Over the past 176 years, we’ve built up a reputation for delivering a professional service, expert industry knowledge and quality building supplies you can trust.
We have a 7-acre site at Colchester and a 3-acre site at Bury St Edmunds. Both are fully stocked with building materials.
We offer a vast range of building materials to suit everyone from a DIY enthusiast to building contractors. We stock timber, bricks and blocks and membranes. You’ll also find damp-proof coursing, building-related chemicals, piping, flue systems, felts and more. In short, Kent Blaxill has everything you need to build a house from the ground up.
All of our goods are available through our branch delivery network via our fast and local delivery service across East Anglia. This ensures you get the materials and supplies you need in a timely manner.
Kent Blaxill Self-Build Service
One of the key services we offer is our Self-Build service. If you need additional support or knowledge to complete your project, we can help. Simply visit us in branch and chat to one of our experts.
Our Colchester branch has the largest brick library in East Anglia. As a result, we can offer you the widest selection and best expert advice in matching or choosing the perfect brick for your project.
Did you know?
Kent Blaxill means business! To give you an idea of the capacity of our Colchester site, we handled the following in 2014:
- 42,000 25kg bags of cement – roughly the weight of 83 Routemaster double decker buses.
- 30,000m2 of 100mm blocks – 7.4 acres, more than our entire Colchester branch site.
- 155,000m 4” x 2” sawn timber – 91 miles! From Colchester to Peterborough.
- 190,000m of tile batten – 119 miles! From Colchester to the outskirts of Oxford.
- 5,500 tons of aggregates – Enough to fill two Olympic-sized swimming pools, with change.
- 49,000m2 of 12.5mm plasterboard – Over nine American football fields.
If you would like further information and to discuss your requirements, please call 01206 216000.
We are open 7am - 5pm, Monday to Friday and Saturdays 8am - 5pm.
Alternatively click on the Enquire Online button below and one of our friendly sales team will reply by email.