Owatrol Oil Paint Conditioner & Rust Inhibitor
Owatrol Oil is a colourless, penetrating and isolating rust inhibitor that has many properties. May be used in any oil based paints, air drying alkyds, lacquers and varnishes, one component urethanes and asphalt / petroleum based paints. May be mixed with oil based stains/paint to improve impregnation of wood and protection of metal surfaces (hinges and fittings). Suitbale for use on ferrous and non ferrous metals, wood, plastics & glass. Coverage is roughly 18m2/ltr
As a Penetrating rust inhibitor:
- Stops rust, stabilises & protects the base metal from further rusting by driving out moisture and air and stabilises, whilst penetrating and protecting down to the sound metal
As an all surface bonding film
- Provides excellent adhesion including on galva, alu, zinc & wood, providing the ideal foundation for primers or finishing coats and allowing paint to be applied directly to firm rust
- Maintains the natural look of the surface (metal, wood, etc.)
- Heat resistant up to +175°C
As a paint Conditioner
- Makes alkyd paint rust inhibiting
- Improves paint flow, workability & viscosity, which allows painting to be carried out in cold, warm or windy conditions.
- Replaces damaging thinners; improves hiding power of paint.