Summer Fruit Pudding
Ingredients - Serves 4
8 slices of good quality bread, crusts removed
200g strawberries, pureed and passed through a sieve
12 redcurrants all washed and cut into bite sized pieces.
1 x tablespoon caster sugar
1 x teaspoon crème de cassis
2 x tablespoons clotted cream
- Line four darioule moulds with cling film.
- Slice four long thin slices of bread to fit the sides of the moulds and cut 4 round pieces, ensuring that you cut 2 smaller pieces for the bottom and two pieces a bit bigger for the top.
- Place the strawberry puree in a tray and lay the bread slices into it, turning them over to coat the bread. Once coated place the bread into the moulds.
- Take the sugar, spirits and fruits and stir together in a bowl until marinated and the fruits start to bleed.
- Fill the breaded moulds with the fruit pressing down to compact, when ¾ full, place a teaspoon of clotted cream on top of the fruit in the mould and place the lid on top, cling film tightly and allow to set for 1 hour.
- Serve with cream or ice cream!