Kent Blaxill & Co Ltd is the data controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as “Kent Blaxill”, "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact:
Post: Customer services, 129-139 Layer Road, Colchester, CO2 9JY
Phone: 01206 216000
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, and date of birth and, if opening an account, driving licence or similar identification document as proof of identity together with a utility bill as proof of address.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Examples of sources of data we collect about you or your company:
- Account or trade cash card application form
- When you talk to us on the telephone, personally or communicate with us via social media or website
- In emails and letters
- When you use our website, such as when you sign up for information and newsletters
- When you interact on social media
- Email tracking facilities
- Payment and transactional data
- Publicly available information including internet
For quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes, we may record and monitor calls with you. Your phone number will be stored for instances where we need to return your call, which we will endeavour to do within one hour.
If you are applying for an account then we will collect data about you from third parties to ascertain the level of credit to give you. These third parties will have their own privacy notices and data sharing policies. The companies we use for this purpose are:
- Top Service Ltd - https://www.top-service.co.uk
- Public information and Companies House
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How We Process Your Personal Data
The law states that we can only use your personal information if we have proper reason to do so, including sharing of your data to third parties. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Administering your account with Kent Blaxill
- Responding to your process applications for account services,
- Extend credit to you or your company and credit checking where appropriate
- Collect and recover money that is owed to us
- Communicate with you about company news and events, updates to your account/trade cash account and other activities we are involved in as a supplier and believe you would be interested in
- Notify you about changes to our terms and conditions including privacy notice
- Invite you to review any services and/or products you received from us
We will only use your personal data in so far as we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use such reviews in other promotional material and media for our advertising and promotional purposes.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe following each communication or by contacting us.
How long do we retain your information?
Data must be kept for varying lengths of time dependent on need and other laws that we must adhere to. You have the right to be forgotten within our database as long as there isn't an over-riding legitimate business need.
We must keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers including contact, identity, financial and transactional data for tax purposes.
We have in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
What are your rights?
Under data protection laws you have the following rights in respect to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
- Providing you with your personal data is free of charge, but charges may apply for unfounded, repetitive or excessive requests. You have the right to ask us to provide you or a third party with the personal data you have provided to us in an electronic format.
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular direct marketing. If you wish to stop us from providing you with marketing materials then you can opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com or write to us at 129-139 Layer Road, Colchester, CO2 9JY.
Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.